Friday, January 31, 2014

Snow in Your Eye 2014

Tomorrow is the final race in the Mud in Your Eye Cross Country series, an 8k. 
I was feeling very good about my positioning going into this race, but the universe must have thought I was too arrogant and needed to knock me down a few pegs. If I want to win my age group I am going to really have to dig deep. My almost 2 minute lead might not be enough.
Last Wednesday I woke slightly sick and during a coughing fit I wrenched my back and that little sickness turned into a big lethargic fever that lasted for 3 days. The back pain, regardless of the 4 chiropractic sessions, muscle relaxers, heat, ice, electric stimulation, stretches, and anything and everything else I know to do is lingering.
Oh and if that wasn’t bad enough, did I mention the 8 inches of snow that Virginia Beach got in one fall?  Eight inches that has the kids out of school and work cancelled. That snow is going to make the course a mess. It was 33* yesterday, today it will be in the 40’s and tomorrow has the high near 60*! The course is going to muddy and therefore slippery, just what my delicate back does not need.
Snowmageddon 2014
So I am slightly undertrained, have a sore back, and the course is going to be a technical nightmare, everything epic stories or long winded rants are made of! Please wish me luck and send positive vibes my way! I’ll post the outcome as soon as I can! Hopefully, it will be a good one. ��

We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. Romans 5:3

2 comments:

  1. The way you describe the course, it’s really not advisable for you to go on it, especially for your back problems. But if you do, I just hope that your chiro sessions work out just fine, so you can be at your best during the race. How did it go, btw?

    Kristopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristopher, thanks for reading! I needed a reason to get going on that post. I finished just fine thanks! The blog was updated and I hope you get a minutes to read how I did. :)

      Delete